Welcome to the Red Dog Ranch

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1_EvGAT8QPtpoDevdBuRD04Gp58JwtYT-
Hello everyone, my name is KJ and I am the property manager of a little 5-acre property in Northern Nevada called the Red Dog Ranch. On the Red Dog Ranch, we have a large garden, orchard, and berry patch, as well as over 40 backyard chickens, and other animals.

I decided to start this blog because I have had many friends reach out to me as spring comes into full swing and they want to start a garden. I want to share my knowledge as a 28-year-old, still-learning gardener and take you on the journey with me as I work this property yet again.

I will share pictures and videos of our gardens, tips on how to plant and maintain your garden, and finally, how to build up a storage of food from your garden for winter. I hope my experience will provide a few helpful tips on how to fully enjoy your own garden, or perhaps inspire you to start growing your own food.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1RzJNeHHW98kl_lVjhHJlRHkBI0klxw6p

Why I Love Gardening

I think a lot of people want to have a garden and grow their own food, but many of us do not have time, or realize how much work is involved and convince themselves that it's too much work. However, I look at gardening as a way to take care of myself and my health. Growing food in your garden allows you to control exactly what goes into your food, and can save you money on fresh produce.

I also find that growing food, having backyard chickens, and spending time outside makes me feel better mentally. Getting out and doing things with my hands allows me to step away from my desk job--the so-called 9-to-5 grind--and get my body moving and my hands dirty.

Little Rural Adventure


Hopefully this blog will help some of you decide on starting a garden, or raising backyard chickens, or preserving your own food (jams make amazing Christmas gifts!). So stick around for a little rural adventure in Northern Nevada.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1ZJHwy3-H_QkbNJWWgHu0I_Es9majuBAX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Should I Plant?